Sustainable System Programs
Organizations today have been increasingly getting involved in the "Green" movement. We all have pretty much understood that being environmentally conscious was good for our planet since we have been young. However, there seems to be a variety of reasons for this paradigm shift in our culture today.
Environment & People
- Poor indoor air quality, toxic agents in cleaning chemicals and cleaning practices have been known to have a negative effect on humans.
- Without "Green" programs humans can be exposed to carcinogenic materials and reproductive and nervous system toxins.
- Implementing "Employee Wellness Programs" and "Hand Hygiene Policies" have become more crucial to keeping a healthy environment.
Business Cost Effectiveness
- Organizations have learned that they can enhance cost control measures by implementing programs for source reduction, energy effectiveness, water conservation, workplace safety programs and employee wellness programs.
- By introducing these programs employees have less exposure to waste, better productivity and lower health care costs.
- Public and private trends have heightened the "Green Movement" further pushing its popularity and implementation.
- There have also been the emergences of standards such as "Green Seal®", the EPA's "Design for the Environment" DFE®, Healthy Schools Campaign®, CRI (Carpet and Rug Institute), & the Blue green Alliance.
- Suppliers today are being ranked, selected, and graded based on their ability to integrate business practices that meet economic, social, and environmental goals.
- With the abundance of information available on "Green" products and systems and so many different organizations selling "Green", trying to select the right products can be confusing and overwhelming.
With the abundance of information available on "Green" products and systems and so many different organizations selling "Green", trying to select the right products can be confusing and overwhelming. Nassco's Sustainable Systems make "Going Green" easy by summarizing the key elements from leading environmental institutions like the U.S. Green Building Council (LEED) and the International Sanitary Supply Association (ISSA®).
Whether you desire LEED certification or just want to make your building more environmentally friendly, Nassco can help develop and implement Sustainable Systems that are right for you. Remember, "Going Green" shouldn't mean increasing costs. Our sales team and technical experts along with our suppliers who have additional resources and templates for success will ensure that you're Sustainable and Green initiatives are cost effective and will meet or exceed your goals and expectations.
What are Nassco's Sustainable Systems?
They are a result of Nassco's unique process that helps organizations develop ways to incorporate environmentally preferable practices into their organization. Your own Sustainable Systems are customized to meet the needs of your organization.
This process involves three simple steps:
- Green Goals
- Site Audit
- The Road Map
The recommendations we provide will help identify environmentally preferable methods of operating your organization that include improvements in technology, products, and procedures.